.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, August 19, 2005

 

Sunday Update: Loaiza instead of Halama will Start

Well, I need to read my own blog, or at least the headlines provided by the SportSpyder, before I post my own little entries. Despite what ESPN and Nationals.com believe, the Washington Times believes that Esteban Loaiza will start Sunday because Robinson needs Halama in reserve to eat innings in relief.

"Loaiza to start Sunday vs. Mets" by Ken Wright. August 19, 2005:

Loaiza on pitching on 3 days rest:
"Why not? I've done it before," Loaiza said.

Halama's quote:
"As of now, I'm in the bullpen, so I don't know what I'm doing [Sunday],"

Ken Wright's paraphrase of Robinson's words:
Robinson had said he wanted to see the effects of yesterday's doubleheader against the Philadelphia Phillies on his pitching staff before naming a starter for Sunday's game against the New York Mets at Shea Stadium.
He was reluctant to give left-hander John Halama the nod because of the outside chance he might be needed to pitch extended innings.

Hector Carrasco hurt himself catching fly balls during Wednesday's batting practice session. He slammed shoulder first into the wall trying to catch a Wilson hit. X-rays: Negative.

Carrasco:
"I think it's bruised. I can throw pretty good," Carrasco said. "I don't think it's going to be a big deal."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
WWW Nationals Baseball Fan