.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, December 19, 2005

 

Team will never be sold, according to giant floating head

Well, this is certainly fun. All this time, money and effort to pay attention to the Washington Nationals, waiting each and every day of the 2005 season for the announcement that the team has owners, but . . .

With the team out of the play-offs and without an owner I decided to go on break. I'm still waiting to start again.

Can't sell the team until the new baseball stadium has a finalized lease (which will be something of a trigger for the DC Council to release/issue construction bonds; Washington Post article).

Anyone think this team will ever have an owner? Why is the DC Council still holding things up? Every time I think that a major threshold has been passed and I can breath easier and await an owner for the team, some more news crops up about problems with the DC Council and the new proposed stadium.

Meanwhile the team is being ripped apart and put-back-together again by Bowden and Robinson. Robinson likes Jamey Carroll so underdog Rick Short is off to Japan. Bowden wants some pop for the line-up, so he gets yet another second baseman. Pitchers continue to leave.

Also meanwhile, while all this uncertainty endangers my health, the Nationals send me a season ticket renew invoice due, more or less immediately (December 6th, I believe). So, I renewed my tickets. No clue if the team will actually exist past next season or will ever have an owner other than the other MLB teams, and off goes my money for tickets (weeks ago).

Right. Probably not be back for another couple of months, unless things pick-up.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google
WWW Nationals Baseball Fan